Just as members are the lifeblood of the organization, our ambassadors are our heartbeat. We have a roster of about 25 ambassadors representing our members, averaging about 3-5 hours a month supporting the chamber. In 2019, our ambassadors volunteered over 600 hours!
A few of the fun things we do:
- Quarterly Ambassador meetings – updates and upcoming events, speaker presentation, Ambassador recognition
- Ribbon Cuttings – welcome members, greet guest, take pictures, help with set up, invite new members to events
- Monthly Luncheon – set up, greet, or registration table
- After Hours – welcome and greet members, and help with the registration table
- Recruitment – take initiative with non-member businesses you patronize or meet at events.
- Signature Events-Attend and volunteer at Chamber signature events
If you are interested in the Ambassador Program, please contact the Hermantown Area Chamber by phone at 218.729.6843 or email at [email protected] or get started by downloading the application. Chamber Ambassador Application.
- Our program is free for our members to participate in.
- We do ask that you pay the member fee for the events and programs you attend, even if you are volunteering. Events and program prices vary.
- We do provide a quarterly awards, recognition, and update meeting for our ambassadors that is absolutely free. It is generously provided by our member Skyline Social & Games!
Through your participation in the Ambassador program you will enhance your career through strategic networking. Your community knowledge will grow. While attending events, volunteering, you are increasing your visibility of both yourself and your business, potentially expanding your own client base.
In addition to achieving greater business visibility and credibility within the community, Ambassadors who have excellent contributions to the Chamber are eligible for each Ambassador of the Month Award and the Ambassador of the Year Appreciation Award. We will celebrate YOU and recognize your contribution in our Weekly Updates and social media platforms.
- Committee members are required to be a current member of the Chamber
- Have the employer’s approval to participate
- Participate in Ambassador Orientation (1:1 with staff or volunteer coordinator)
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Promote the Chamber in a positive manner
- Participate! Our ambassadors volunteer an average of 2 hours per month)